After many weeks of competition, it’s the moment to close this 7th edition of The Cosmetic Victories. When we talk about competition, we obvioulsy think about laureates. So, ready to discover the winners of The Cosmetic Victories 2022 ?
As a reminder, this year the competition gathered 80 projects from 18 countries. And a lot of GCC countries were represented with France, Portugal, Thailand, Canada, Turkey, United Kingdom, Italy, South Korea, Taiwan, United States…
The selection committee had to select the 6 finalists which were :
FOR THE ACADEMIC PRIZE
– Niki Baccile – CNRS – Sorbonne University (France) : New biosurfactants for functional formulations with biopolymers
– Sami Halila – Centre de Recherches sur les Macromolécules Végétales – CNRS Grenoble (France) : Carbogel, a simple & eco-friendly carbohydrate-based gelling agent for oily phase
– Iulian Boboescu – Wageningen University & Research (Netherlands) : Organic microalgal farming & milking for cosmetic ingredients
FOR THE INDUSTRY PRIZE
– Stefan Mazy – Derma Health Solutions Pty Ltd (Australia) : SkinRNA Micro-cell Test
– Adrien Faure – PolymerExpert (France) : EstoGel Green, Nature Inspired Polymer
– Jonathan Maisonneuve & Claude Grison – BIOINSPIR (France) : New generation of sustainable fragrances with ecocatalysis
From that, the final jury composed of industry professionals & international scientific experts selected the 2 laureates. Let’s discover them !
AND THE LAUREATES OF THIS 7 TH EDITION ARE…
ACADEMIC PRIZE (at the left)
Sami Halila– Centre de Recherches sur les Macromolécules Végétales -CNRS Grenoble (France) with the project : CARBOGEL, Carbogel, a simple & eco-friendly carbohydrate-based gelling agent for oily phase
His project focuses on the supramolecular gelification of organic liquids,like oils, solvents or fatty esters, by monosaccharide derivatives that self-assemble into a 3D network.
INDUSTRY PRIZE (at the right)
Stefan Mazy – Derma Health Solutions Pty Ltd (Australia) with the project SkinRNA Micro-cell Test
His project is simply a world first. This epigenetics diagnostic test is likely to be repeated in patch & laboratory that quantifies the efficacy of skin care thanks to the genetic expression activity in real time.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM !
Each winner receives a cash prize of €10,000, the recognition by the profession, an international exposure as well as the assistance of COSMETIC VALLEY !